Return more than 10 records

Suggestions, questions oder problems with regain

Moderator: thtesche

Return more than 10 records

Postby simmohall » Thu May 03, 2012 12:27 am

Hello,

Just wondering if there is a way you can specify to return more than 10 records. I'm using the search_xml page, and wish to return all results in xml then do my own paging...etc

Is this possible? Or do i need to call the search_xml multiple times using the fromresult attribute.

Thanks,
Simon
simmohall

Re: Return more than 10 records

Postby simmohall » Thu May 03, 2012 1:01 am

Actually never mind. I found the "maxresults" attribute :)
simmohall

Postby benjamin » Tue May 08, 2012 9:30 am

Yes, you can use all the URL parameters that search.jsp uses as well. They are documented here:
http://regain.murfman.de/wiki/doku.php?id=de:components:search_mask#parameter_der_suchmaske
benjamin

Postby jim95014 » Sun Jul 26, 2015 1:50 am

I cannot find the configuration control for 'maxresults'...
I am new to 'regain' ... and very happy to find something that comes close to Google Desktop Search for my work style.
After installation, I found this forum, and then I found this thread that indicated there are configuration controls. I then looked in the installation directory hierarchy and found two .xml files in ../Regain/conf that were a big help. I am now able to control the sorting of the results (I prefer modification date) and I am hoping that I have adjusted the indexing to ignore the list of common English words (instead of German) although my testing thus far isn't convincing. The sorting pulldown menu is still in German, but it works for me now, and I am changing one thing at a time, so I can see when I misstep.
I would like to adjust 'maxresults' up from 10! (In GDS, I would use 50). However, all I can find (with unix 'find' piped to 'grep' is one file in the .../Regain/web directory that has 'maxresults' as a string, but it doesn't offer the ability to set any new value. I did a search in the regain manual for 'maxresults' but the only hit was a page in German (my German is 30 years without practice and more conversational at best), and the English translation is a short paragraph with no mention of 'maxresults' ;=(
BITTE, let me know where to set a higher value for 'maxresults'.
jim95014

Return to regain