Suggestions, questions oder problems with regain

Moderator: thtesche

Regain 1.8.0 Release Candidate

Postby benjamin » Wed Jun 20, 2012 3:47 pm

Download: https://sourceforge.net/projects/regain ... 20Preview/

Version 1.8.0 on 2012/June/20 PREVIEW
-------------------------------------

NEW
* FilenamePreparator: Behaves like EmptyPreparator, but indexes the filename as content

UPDATE
* Lucene Core 3.1 -> 3.6 (and rewrite deprecated function calls)

BUGFIX
* Improve HTML Escaping of the following tags: hit_filename, hit_sortContent, hit_typeicon, hit_url, input_query, stats_query, status:autoupdate_meta
* Desktop Version: Use a time-sensitive token for configuration to avoid CSRF
* Desktop Version: Show welcome page only once per start (every 10 seconds was too much!)
* Desktop Version: Add error message if config is left empty (no index places found)
* Desktop Version: Try to fix AlreadyClosedException
* error.jsp: Show debug details when clicking on a link (instead of white text on white background)

Upgrade Notes:
- The upgrade of lucene implicitely upgrades the searchindex as well. So in case you need to downgrade to an earlier regain version afterwards, delete the searchindex folder(s) and regain will start a complete re-index.
- Server Version: Please make sure the old libraries (lucene-*-3.1.0.jar) get deleted from the WEB-INF/lib-Folder!

(Will be re-declared stable if no issues are found.)
benjamin

Re: Regain 1.8.0 Release Candidate

Postby benjamin » Wed Jul 25, 2012 7:58 pm

Appears to be stable.
benjamin

Postby dalobo » Mon Aug 13, 2012 3:45 pm

I get an empty popup error box when I try to save my preferences. (I can't exit it either.) It might be related to me trying to add a path to search. I clicked add and about a minute later I got a new window with a dialog box to search for my location to add. This is on laptop running Windows 7 pro, quad core with 8 GB of RAM.

My preferences save and all appears to work, but that error should not be there. I have the latest build of Java on my PC.
dalobo

Postby benjamin » Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:50 am

This might be a browser bug. Which browser are you using? Are there any errors in the Javascript error console?
benjamin

Postby coder68 » Thu Sep 20, 2012 4:53 pm

Firefox various versions, IE it did not matter. I have that resolved, but a new issue has popped up.

I can no longer get the index to update. I do a crawl and it says it is adding a document or two, but you are unable to find these new documents in a search. I do keep my java up to date... could that be the issue?

Thoughts?
coder68

Postby coder68 » Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:31 pm

I solved the issue by reinstalling Regain. But that caused a new issue. Regain says my index is up to date, even after I add content and force a re-crawl.

Any idea why it would do this?

If I delete the index and start over it is good for one crawl.

Thank you,

Coder68
coder68

Postby coder68 » Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:49 pm

I have confirmed that the other PC's here have the same issue. The index says it is up to date, but we have added new content. If I delete the old search index and re-index, it finds the new content. If I add more new content and re-index, without deleting the index, it does not find it. If I remove items, the index says it is removing them, but they still show up in the search. This on three Win7 Pro boxes with all Windows patches and the latest version of Java. It occurs in IE, Firefox and Chrome. (All the latest versions.)

Thank you,

Coder68
coder68

Postby benjamin » Fri Oct 12, 2012 7:48 am

Sorry but this is not enough information so that I could reproduce the issue. Describe step-by-step what you do, what you see, and what you expect to see. Also, what is the content of your searchindex-Directory when it doesn't take the new index, which folders exist?

"Newest Java" is 1.7.something, however regain has not been tested yet with 1.7, only the 1.6.x-versions. Post the output of java -version to get the exact version number.

Also I will send you via mail a version of the current code (which has not yet published yet), please try if the problem persists.
benjamin

Postby coder68 » Mon Oct 22, 2012 1:20 pm

Sorry for the slow responses... work, school, family... not much time.

C:\Windows\system32>java -version
'java' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.

Java version 7 update 9, per Uninstall programs. Older versions of Java are massively insecure. (Java is no matter what version...)

I am not sure I understand what you are asking for, but here is a guess:
Any format I add to the searched folder does not get indexed. (.docx mostly, but .xlsx, .xls, .txt, .pdf, etc)

Deleting the search index rebuilds it with all files in it. After that nothing gets added.

My guess is that the newer version of Java has broken part of Regain. Any plans to get Regain running on the newer build?

Thank you,

C68
coder68

Return to regain